Signs of Child Abuse from Your Babysitter or Daycare Provider | Child Abuse Attorney
Signs of child abuse from Your Babysitter or Daycare Provider:
- Your child becomes distraught when it’s time to be left with his caregiver. A little separation anxiety is normal, but if it’s extreme and ongoing, you may want to figure out what’s going on and look for a new provider.
- Your child becomes increasingly moody or withdrawn or stops eating or sleeping. This could be a sign that something is bothering him, but he doesn’t know how (or is unable) to tell you.
- You notice that the caregiver does not respond appropriately to your child — or does not respond at all.
- Your caregiver won’t answer questions about the day’s activities or her interaction with your child while you are away — or her answers are inconsistent.
- Your caregiver has lied to you, stolen from you or otherwise betrayed your trust.
- You come home to find your child has not been adequately supervised or cared for – changed, fed, clothed, held.
- Someone — a neighbor, another parent at the playground — has reported that your nanny has not been treating your child well or properly caring for him.
- You just have a bad feeling.
If you have any questions or concerns about what can be done to help children who have suffered from daycare injuries, or families of children who have died, please call Christopher Keane and The Keane Law Firm toll-free for free consultation at (888) 592-5437 (KIDS), click on contact us here, or use the web form provided at http://www.keanelaw.com