Information and Resources for Parents of a Shaken Baby Syndrome Victim or Survivor | Shaken Baby Syndrome Lawyer
If you need resources and references to help you get information and assistance for your shaken baby, keep these handy.
The following resources are available to assist you with obtaining the information you may need regarding SBS and non-accidental head trauma in children:
1) Childhelp USA
A hotline provides crisis counselling and literature about child abuse.
2) National Committee to Prevent Child Abuse
This organization provides information and referrals about child abuse.
3) National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome
2955 Harrison Boulevard, Suite 102, Ogden, UT 84403
(801) 627-3399 or 1-888-273-0071
The National Center for Shaken Baby Syndrome is a private, nonprofit organization that provides information to professionals and parents about SBS.
4) The Shaken Baby Alliance
P.O. Box 150734, Ft. Worth, TX, 76108
The Shaken Baby Alliance site provides information regarding SBS prevention efforts, family support, victim advocacy, justice and legal issues, and has a library of SBS related information.
5) Prevent Child Abuse America
200 South Michigan Avenue, 17th Floor, Chicago, IL
The organization offers various programs on child abuse prevention, and it also directs efforts toward increasing public awareness about child abuse and neglect.
6) U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services provides general information about health and safety issues, including links to child abuse information and topics.
7) Kids Health for Parents: Abusive Head Trauma
(Shaken Baby Syndrome).
8) Child Abuse Referral and Education Network (CARE)
9) Kosmix Right Health: Shaken Baby Syndrome
10) Safer Child, Inc.: Warning signs of possible Shaken Baby Syndrome
11) Department of Health and Human Services: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
12) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Understanding child maltreatment factsheet
13) National MCH Center for Child Death Review: Child abuse and neglect
14) National MCH Center for Child Death Review: Preventing Child Deaths
15) Shaken Baby Syndrome Support Network: Support for the families, by the families of Shaken Baby Syndrome victims and survivors
If you have any questions or concerns about what can be done to help babies who have been shaken due to Shaken Baby Syndrome, Child Abuse, or families of babies who have died, please call Christopher Keane and The Keane Law Firm toll-free for free consultation at (888) 592-5437 (KIDS), click on contact us here, or use the web form provided at http://www.keanelaw.com