The Sheboygan City Attorney will decide whether the landlord will be fined for not having working smoke detectors in his rental property that burned resulting in an infant’s death.

In Sheboygan, MI - A four-month old infant girl died from injuries sustained in a house fire. The Sheboygan City Attorney is in the process of deciding whether the landlord will be fined for not having working smoke detectors in hi s rental property. The upstairs tenants were forced to jump from the second story window to escape because the stairway was engulfed in flames when they realized there was a fire. The infant girl died and her father was severely injured.  

A rental property without working smoke detectors is a violation of city ordinance. The city ordinance requires landlords to provide operating smoke detectors.

 

Christopher Keane
Connect with me
California Child Abuse and Child Injury Lawyer
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment