Are you the parent, guardian or concerned family member of a child who has been injured in a car accident, school bus accident, pedestrian accident, bicycle accident or truck accident, crash or collision in California? If so, there are several things you will want and need to know in order to help that injured child and protect his or her legal rights. If a driver of a car, bus or truck was at fault, was negligent and injured a child, or caused his or her death, in an accident, crash or collision you should act immediately and hire an California child car accident attorney who you can trust to represent the injured child and protect his or her rights.
The 5 most important reasons to hire a California child injury attorney for a child injured in an auto or motor vehicle accident:
- There are time limits in which a child has to file a claim or lawsuit. There are strict time limits for all cases involving children, and you do not want to miss them. This is especially true when the at fault driver was working for the city, county, state or federal government - or a school district. Click here to find out more about time limits for your children's car accident lawsuit in California.
- Insurance companies, no matter how nice they may act towards you, have completely different interests than you do in protecting or compensating your injured child. The insurance company and insurance adjuster have one job - to maximize profit for the insurance company. Your concern is totally different - you want to make sure your child injured in California in a car accident receives all the financial security, insurance benefits, medical bill payments, and compensation for future lost wages and earnings which he or she is entitled to receive - including for his or her pain, loss of enjoyment of life, disability, scars, burns, broken bones, spinal cord injury, paraplegia and quadriplegia. A San Francisco California attorney for children or California child injury lawyer can help you deal fairly and negotiate properly with an insurance company.
- Delay in hiring a lawyer or attorney for an injured California child can destroy your injured child's car accident case.
- Statements you give to insurance companies, insurance adjusters or insurance company doctors or investigators can and will be used as evidence against you and your injured child.
- Insurance company documents you sign may end your child's right to bring a lawsuit. You should never sign a document which concerns your child without consulting with a San Francisco California attorney for children or California child injury lawyer can help you fill out documents correctly.
The 7 most important things to check when hiring a lawyer or attorney for a child injured or who has died in a car accident in California:
- Check the lawyer's rating. While no lawyer is "the best", there are some lawyers and attorneys whose skills and ethics have been recognized and rated. So, ask yourself, is the lawyer or attorney I am hiring for my child rated? Click here to find out more about a highly rated lawyer for an injured child and child injured in a car accident in California.
- Check to see if the lawyer focuses on representing children. If you were choosing a doctor for a child, you would choose a pediatrician - not an adult doctor. Lawsuits for children involve issues, experts and laws which are particular to children - so give your child the advantage she or he needs, and hire a lawyer and attorney who focuses on those issues. Click here to find out more about an attorney who focuses on representing injured children and children injured in a car accident in California.
- Check to see if the lawyer has recovered millions of dollars for children. While all lawsuits and claims are different, and get different results, if you have a child who has been burned, paralyzed, suffered brain or other neurologic damage or amputation, however, your child's lawsuit may involve collecting millions of dollars. That will require a San Francisco, California attorney for children in car accidents or California child accident injury lawyer who has worked with parents and guardians to collect that level of money, and who can help preserve and protect that money for the child Click here to find out more about an attorney who has recovered millions of dollars for injured children and children injured in a car accident in California.
- Call and set up a meeting with the child lawyer. You are forming a relationship, so see if you like the lawyer. If you were choosing a babysitter, you'd sit down with them and make sure you were on the same page and had similar feelings about areas of mutual concern. So, do the same with your California attorney for children injured in car accidents or California child injury lawyer. Click here to set up a meeting with a lawyer who represents injured children and children injured in a car accident in California.
- See if the lawyer has a reference or testimonial to their experience as a child injury lawyer for car accidents from another attorney or a former client of the lawyer to discuss what the lawyer did for their injured or deceased child. Click here to see a reference or testimonial for a lawyer who represents injured children and children injured in a car accident in California.
- Ask the lawyer to provide you with a written fee agreement that complies with ethical requirements for fees in child injury and death cases in California. Click here to request a written fee agreement for a lawyer who represents injured children and children injured in a car accident in California.
- Ask the lawyer if he or she will help you protect the injured child's settlement or jury verdict so that it is there for the child as long as the child is a minor, or if a child is permanently brain-damaged, then for the remainder of the child's life.
What kind of things (the legal word is "damages") can my injured child sue for in California?
- Medical bills, past and future
- Future wage loss/impaired earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
What kind of information do you, as a parent, guardian or family member of an injured California child, need to know to help and protect a child who is injured in a California car accident:
The Keane Law Firm knows and can help you identify common driving errors that cause accidents which injure children. There are also common ways in which children are injured in car accidents, and which are things you need to know if you have a child injured in a car accident in California. At the Keane Law Firm, we keep track of how many children are injured in car accidents. This can happen in a number of ways, including driver error, failure to use child safety seats, having unrestrained children in car accidents, children who are backed-over by cars, child injured as pedestrian by car accident, children injured by airbags and children injured by lap belts and in school bus accidents.
There are various types of injuries sustained by children in car accidents. The Keane Law Firm represents children with severe brain injuries and brain damage, children with orthopedic injuries, a child with burns, children with spinal cord injuries sustained in car accidents, children with seat-belt syndrome and the family members of a child who has died and suffered a wrongful death.
The Keane Law Firm cares about kids. We represent them when they are severely injured in a car accident. From our experience, we have learned how a lot of these injuries might be prevented. For parents whose children are still healthy, we would like to share with parents and guardians what we have learned are the best ways to prevent child injuries in car accidents. The Keane Law Firm has safety tips for child passengers, safety tips for child pedestrians and safety tips for children on bicycles.
The Keane Law Firm wants children to wear bike helmets. They can only help prevent more serious injury than if a child is wearing no helmet - even though some accidents are so severe that injury cannot be prevented. If you need a helmet for a child in California, and cannot afford one, contact the Keane Law Firm and we'll see if we can send one.
The Keane Law Firm has the experience and resources to handle a variety of childhood injury cases. While Attorney Christopher Keane and The Keane Law Firm specialize in cases from San Francisco and the State of California, they may also accept worthy cases from other states. If your child or the child of somebody you know has been the victim of a serious injury, we can work with you to hold the responsible parties accountable for their negligence.
No matter where your child’s injury occurred, please don’t hesitate to contact us for a no-cost evaluation of your case. And remember, if you are a professional referring a case to us, 25% of our fee will be donated to the charity of your choice. Contact Attorney Christopher Keane and The Keane Law Firm today, and we can help you seek justice for the injury done to your child.